Samsung Announces New Application Processor Brand
Friday, 11 February 2011 13:41
When it comes to any sort of device, the marketing efforts play a pivotal role, and Samsung decided to do something about its own tactics when it comes to application processors, hence the latest press release on its part.
Samsung is a well known maker of many sorts of semiconductors, application processors being just one type of such chips. Apparently, the rate at which they sell could do better, especially now that so many tablets and smartphones are cropping up.
As such, the company decided to provide a new brand name for its entire collection of application processing units. The brand name in question is Exynos and is associated with the company's “smart and green” strategy.
To be more specific, Samsung is always doing its best to ensure that its products meet both the performance and the power efficiency requirements of mobile electronics.
“Smart refers to high-performance aspect and Green represents low power features of Samsung’s application processors. Exynos originates from the Greek words smart (exypnos) and green (prasinos),” explains the company's press release.
The dual-core Orion processor is the first product set to sell under the name Exynos, Exynos 4210 to be exact. For those in need of a reminder, the Orion is a dual-core chip with a clock speed of 1 GHz and which will start being mass-produced next month (March 2011).
“Application processors for the mobile market are one of the flagship products in our semiconductor business,” said Seh-Woong Jeong, executive vice president of marketing, System LSI Division, Samsung Electronics.
Make A Donation
Thank you for your donation.
- How To Integrate Internet Explorer 9 Rc Using Dism?
- How To Integrate Internet Explorer 9 Rc Using Rt Seven Lite?
- Add “Restart Explorer” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu
- How to Integrate Nvidia and ATI display drivers using RT Seven Lite?
- How to add Screensaver - Themes - Wallpapers into Windows 7 Setup ISO?
- Create a bootable USB flash drive for the purpose of installing a Vista or Windows 7 OS
- How to change your Windows 7 boot screen?
- Hide - Reinstall - Show: Internet explorer Shortcuts if missing on your PC
- How to Slipstream Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate (or) RC
- How to change Wallpaper Style View in .theme file
Latest Deployment Tools
- Windows 7 SP1 MUI Language Packs (Direct Download Links)
- RS Windows XP Install CD Creator 1.1.120211
- Internet Explorer 9 RC [FULL Offline Installer]
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7 SP1 v3.0
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RTM Build 7601.17514.101119-1850
- Universal Theme Patcher for Windows
- Giga Tweaker
- Windows 7 Little Tweaker
- Enhance My Se7en