Intel Core i5-2405S and Core i3-2105 to Be Released in Q2 2011
Friday, 11 February 2011 13:51
Officially launched at the beginning of January, Intel's Sandy Bridge processor lineup was initially comprised out of 29 SKUs, but the count will continue to grow as Intel has plans to release a wide number of CPUs based on this architecture in the coming months, including the Core i3-2105 and Core i5-2405S processor which are slated to arrive in Q2 2011.
The Intel Core i3-2105 and Core i5-2405S will pack two and respectively four CPU cores, shared L3 cache, DDR3 memory controller and HD 3000 graphics controller on a single die. As CPU-World reports, both processors feature SIMD instructions support (up to SSE4) as well as the newly introduced AVX (Advanced Vector Extensions) instruction set.
The first of the two, the more powerful Core i5-2405S, pairs the four processing cores available with 6 MB of L3 cache and its base clock frequency is set at 2.5 GHz. Depending on the load placed on the CPU, the base clock can be increased up to 3.3GHz thanks to Intel's Turbo Boost 2.0 technology.
Just like all the other Core i5 processors in Intel's Sandy Bridge lineup, the 2405S doesn't feature Hyper-Threading support. This technology, however, is enabled in the dual-core Intel Core i3-2105 CPU which has a base frequency of 3.1GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, Quick Sync Video, AVX, but lacks Turbo Boost and AES support.
Both processors have their TDP rated at 65W, are compatible with the LGA 1155 socket, and are almost indistinguishable from Core i3-2400S and i3-2100 models except for the HD 3000 integrated GPU.
Compared to the HD 2000, the graphics core packed inside the Core i5-2405S and i3-2105 CPUs doubles the number of execution units available.
Make A Donation
Thank you for your donation.
- How To Integrate Internet Explorer 9 Rc Using Dism?
- How To Integrate Internet Explorer 9 Rc Using Rt Seven Lite?
- Add “Restart Explorer” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu
- How to Integrate Nvidia and ATI display drivers using RT Seven Lite?
- How to add Screensaver - Themes - Wallpapers into Windows 7 Setup ISO?
- Create a bootable USB flash drive for the purpose of installing a Vista or Windows 7 OS
- How to change your Windows 7 boot screen?
- Hide - Reinstall - Show: Internet explorer Shortcuts if missing on your PC
- How to Slipstream Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate (or) RC
- How to change Wallpaper Style View in .theme file
Latest Deployment Tools
- Windows 7 SP1 MUI Language Packs (Direct Download Links)
- RS Windows XP Install CD Creator 1.1.120211
- Internet Explorer 9 RC [FULL Offline Installer]
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7 SP1 v3.0
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RTM Build 7601.17514.101119-1850
- Universal Theme Patcher for Windows
- Giga Tweaker
- Windows 7 Little Tweaker
- Enhance My Se7en