Apple Releases Official iOS 4.2.6 Software Update Fixing Bug for CDMA iPhone 4
Friday, 11 February 2011 14:05
Although the official iOS 4.2.6 IPSW (software update file) has been available for download since January, Apple on Thursday issued the official iOS 4.2.6 software update complete with release notes for CDMA (Verizon) handsets.
The software update release coincides with the physical availability of Verizon iPhones which went on sale at Apple and Verizon retail stores this week. According to the changelog posted by Apple for iOS 4.2.6, the update "fixes a bug to ensure Personal Hotspot data usage is accurately reported (for Verizon iPhones)."
A number of CDMA handsets assembled to work on the Verizon network were originally assigned an iOS 4.2.5 firmware, which delivered specific new functions, including the Personal Hotspot feature. Owners of these devices should now use iTunes to update their firmware, in order to avoid getting taxed for extra wireless mileage.
AppleInsider explains in a report covering the iOS 4.2.6 release that the Personal Hotspot Wi-Fi tethering plan costs an additional $20 a month for 2GB of tethered data which can be shared by up to five connected devices.
Each additional gigabyte used will cost $20, therefore users will want to make sure they’re billed correctly. The Apple-centric site speculates that this software update release could be an effort on behalf of the two companies to prevent a potential PR fiasco.
The source appropriately points out that Apple’s new partner has previously faced legal fire for its billing practices with the FCC initiating an investigation in 2009 over a hard-wired “Wireless Mobile Web” button that would charge Verizon users $1.99 when pressed.
The carrier reportedly refunded customers over these erroneous "data usage" charges.
Make A Donation
Thank you for your donation.
- How To Integrate Internet Explorer 9 Rc Using Dism?
- How To Integrate Internet Explorer 9 Rc Using Rt Seven Lite?
- Add “Restart Explorer” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu
- How to Integrate Nvidia and ATI display drivers using RT Seven Lite?
- How to add Screensaver - Themes - Wallpapers into Windows 7 Setup ISO?
- Create a bootable USB flash drive for the purpose of installing a Vista or Windows 7 OS
- How to change your Windows 7 boot screen?
- Hide - Reinstall - Show: Internet explorer Shortcuts if missing on your PC
- How to Slipstream Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate (or) RC
- How to change Wallpaper Style View in .theme file
Latest Deployment Tools
- Windows 7 SP1 MUI Language Packs (Direct Download Links)
- RS Windows XP Install CD Creator 1.1.120211
- Internet Explorer 9 RC [FULL Offline Installer]
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7 SP1 v3.0
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RTM Build 7601.17514.101119-1850
- Universal Theme Patcher for Windows
- Giga Tweaker
- Windows 7 Little Tweaker
- Enhance My Se7en