No bada 2.0 for Wave 525 and 533, Samsung Says
Wednesday, 07 December 2011 18:42
Although Samsung already announced the bada 2.0, its proprietary next generation mobile platform, the handset maker did not reveal any specific details concerning any future upgrades for older smartphone that run a previous version of the operating system.
Samsung recently confirmed plans to update all its Wave smartphones and everyone was happy, including users with older models. Unfortunately, the company changed its initial plans and states in an email sent to bada developers that two of its Wave smartphones will not receive the long-awaited bada 2.0 update.
According to the folks over at SammyHub, Samsung split its Wave devices into two groups, Wave (WQVGA) and Wave (WQVGA)_bada 1.1 only. It appears that only the first group of smartphones that currently run bada 1.1 and 2.0 API will receive the bada 2.0 update: Wave 575, 578 and 723.
Sadly, the second group of smartphones comprising the Wave 525 and 533 will only support bada 1.1 API and will not receive the bada 2.0 update in the future. Samsung invokes hardware requirement as the main reason for not being able to deploy the bada 2.0 on these two Wave smartphones.
No specific details are given but Samsung says that due to the devices’ main chipset performance and available network speed, Wave 525 and 533 cannot run bada 2.0 within standard parameters.
However, the Korean handset manufacturer is aware of the fact that this will surely frustrate lots of bada fans that own one the two smartphones, and decided to offer them a little compensation through a small “Value Pack” update.
It looks like this “Value Pack” will offer users a glimpse of what bada 2.0 has to offer, within the hardware limitation of the devices.
Make A Donation
Thank you for your donation.
- How To Integrate Internet Explorer 9 Rc Using Dism?
- How To Integrate Internet Explorer 9 Rc Using Rt Seven Lite?
- Add “Restart Explorer” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu
- How to Integrate Nvidia and ATI display drivers using RT Seven Lite?
- How to add Screensaver - Themes - Wallpapers into Windows 7 Setup ISO?
- Create a bootable USB flash drive for the purpose of installing a Vista or Windows 7 OS
- How to change your Windows 7 boot screen?
- Hide - Reinstall - Show: Internet explorer Shortcuts if missing on your PC
- How to Slipstream Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate (or) RC
- How to change Wallpaper Style View in .theme file
Latest Deployment Tools
- Windows 7 SP1 MUI Language Packs (Direct Download Links)
- RS Windows XP Install CD Creator 1.1.120211
- Internet Explorer 9 RC [FULL Offline Installer]
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7 SP1 v3.0
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RTM Build 7601.17514.101119-1850
- Universal Theme Patcher for Windows
- Giga Tweaker
- Windows 7 Little Tweaker
- Enhance My Se7en