Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 Officially Released
Wednesday, 07 December 2011 18:51
Red Hat, Inc., the world's leading provider of open source solutions, proudly announced a few hours ago, December 6th, the immediate availability of the final and stable version of the powerful Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 operating system.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 is a maintenance release, bringing new features and lots of enhancements in various areas, keeping the enterprise platform stable.
"Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 delivers significant improvements in virtualization, resource management and high availability, and offers new features in storage and file system performance and identity management."
"The key benefits for organizations employing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 are higher levels of efficiency realized through resource management and performance optimization, along with enhanced business agility through additional security and flexibility for virtualized and clustered deployments." - was stated by Red Hat in the press release.
Highlights of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2:
· Virtualization enhancements;
· Simplified management tools for storage resources;
· Simplified management tools for clusters;
· Simplified management tools for filesystems;
· Simplified management tools for virtualized resources;
· Resource management capabilities for SLAs and user identity;
· Better virtualized guests, storage, clusters, and networked filesystems performance;
· Improved scalability across virtualized resources and filesystems;
· Achieves critical security certifications needed by government agencies and large enterprises;
· Networking optimizations to reduce reduce context switching and data copies;
· Virtualized guests diagnostic capabilities;
· Accelerated I/O, like network traffic steering;
· Lots of bugfixes and small improvements.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system is somehow targeted more to the commercial market, including mainframes, which enjoy a 7-year support on Red Hat's behalf after its release.
Download Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 Beta ISO images via Red Hat Networks service
Make A Donation
Thank you for your donation.
- How To Integrate Internet Explorer 9 Rc Using Dism?
- How To Integrate Internet Explorer 9 Rc Using Rt Seven Lite?
- Add “Restart Explorer” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu
- How to Integrate Nvidia and ATI display drivers using RT Seven Lite?
- How to add Screensaver - Themes - Wallpapers into Windows 7 Setup ISO?
- Create a bootable USB flash drive for the purpose of installing a Vista or Windows 7 OS
- How to change your Windows 7 boot screen?
- Hide - Reinstall - Show: Internet explorer Shortcuts if missing on your PC
- How to Slipstream Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate (or) RC
- How to change Wallpaper Style View in .theme file
Latest Deployment Tools
- Windows 7 SP1 MUI Language Packs (Direct Download Links)
- RS Windows XP Install CD Creator 1.1.120211
- Internet Explorer 9 RC [FULL Offline Installer]
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7 SP1 v3.0
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RTM Build 7601.17514.101119-1850
- Universal Theme Patcher for Windows
- Giga Tweaker
- Windows 7 Little Tweaker
- Enhance My Se7en